Protect and restore your smile with dental crowns and bridges
If you are faced with the loss of one or more teeth, it impacts more than your ability to eat. Tooth loss can negatively affect your self-esteem, detract from your appearance, and impact your oral health. Fortunately, if you are in the West Bend, Wisconsin area, the team at Albrecht Family Dentistry has several options for missing teeth. If you miss a single tooth or several teeth in a row, dental crowns or bridges may be the perfect option.
What is a dental crown?
Dental crowns are a restoration used to protect and restore a damaged or decaying tooth. These tooth caps are made of porcelain, which is a beautiful material that is like tooth enamel. Porcelain dental crowns will look just like a natural tooth.
When are dental crowns used?
Dental crowns can be used in many different situations, including:
- To cover a tooth without adequate natural tooth structure after a large filling
- To protect a weak tooth from further damage or breakage
- To anchor a dental bridge
- To cover a dental implant and replace a missing tooth.
- To support and cover severely worn teeth
What is the process for receiving a dental crown?
Patients will start by undergoing whatever dental procedure they need, such as a filling, root canal, or implant surgery. They will then be fitted with a temporary crown to protect the tooth and allow for proper functioning. Because dental crowns are a custom-designed restoration, molds are taken and sent to a laboratory for fabrication. The final dental crown will look just like your other natural teeth, matching them in shape, size, and shade.
What are Dental Bridges?
Dental bridges are fixed appliances consisting of custom-designed artificial teeth that fill in the gaps left by missing teeth. Dental bridges are held securely in place by dental crowns attached to teeth on either side of the gap.
The benefits of dental bridges include:
- Prevent shifting of remaining teeth into the gap
- Maintain proper bite alignment
- Restore your ability to speak
- Restore your ability to chew
- Improve your confidence
The Process for Getting Dental Bridges
To begin, the teeth adjacent to the gap will need to be covered with dental crowns to support the bridge. These two capped teeth are referred to as abutment teeth. After that, the bridge will be created based on specific criteria to ensure that it fits comfortably and looks natural in your smile. Once the bridge is ready, it’s permanently bonded into place to restore your smile.
Call Albrecht Family Dentistry in West Bend, WI today at (262) 357-6622 to learn more about crowns and bridges.
A bridge is a non-surgical way to replace one or many teeth. A bridge uses the adjacent teeth as anchors to support the missing tooth or teeth. With today’s dental advancements, a bridge can be fabricated in a fairly short period of time, using a metal or nonmetal foundation. Don’t let that missing tooth affect the way you speak, eat, and smile. Bridges yield immediate results that last a lifetime. Ask your dentist what type of bridge may be right for you
What Our Patients Say
Real Patient, Real Results
- This lady had unaesthetic crowns on three front teeth; the color was too yellow and the shape of the teeth was not ideal.
- The crowns were replaced with new ceramic crowns to create ideally shaped teeth with beautiful color match to her natural teeth.
- This gentleman had old discolored bonding on his front right tooth.
- A new ceramic crown was placed to match the shape and color of his natural left tooth.
- This lady had wear and chipping of all her teeth.
- Crowns and Veneers were placed to restore the full size, shape and color to give her a beautiful smile.