Restorative Dentistry Procedures
The focus of a restorative dentistry procedure is to maximize the functioning of the mouth for chewing and speaking purposes. Examples of these types of dental treatments include:
- Fillings: composite or ceramic fillings bond to the tooth, and can help restore strength and integrity to the tooth.
- Dental crowns: crowns fit over damaged teeth to protect the tooth from further damage
- Root canal: infected tooth pulp is removed and replaced with dental sealant to remove the diseased tissue and preserve the tooth
- Dental bridge: a permanent bridge is a restoration that bonds replacement teeth to natural support teeth. The bridge stays in permanently and looks and functions like real teeth.
- Dental implant: implants are a permanent solution to replace one or more missing teeth. Your natural-looking implant post/crown integrates to your jaw bone through a process called Osseointegration. Implants do not rely on natural teeth to support them.
- Partial or full dentures: dentures replace many missing teeth for individuals who do not qualify for implants or bridges
A restorative dentistry service provided by Dr. James Albrecht at Albrecht Dentistry will significantly strengthen your teeth, improve your chewing ability, maintain bone integrity, and contribute to the overall health of your teeth and gums.
Cosmetic Dentistry Procedures
Dental cosmetic procedures are meant to conceal stains, chips, small gaps between teeth, and other teeth abnormalities that make your smile unattractive. Examples of cosmetic dentistry procedures include:
- In-office teeth whitening: using either in-office or at-home materials to whiten teeth and to diminish extrinsic (enamel) stains on teeth
- Porcelain veneers: veneers are placed over the visible part of teeth to conceal discolorations, narrow gaps, misalignments or hide chips and cracks
- Dental bonding: bonding can also conceal discolorations, narrow gaps, correct misalignments and hide chips and cracks. Although dental bonding does not have the longevity of porcelain veneers, the cost can be significantly less.
Many restorative dentistry procedures offer cosmetic enhancements as well. For example, people with intrinsic (internal) tooth stains may opt for dental crowns to cover discolorations that cannot be removed with whitening treatments. Although permanent staining doesn’t interfere with the primary function of teeth–to chew and speak legibly–a restorative procedure like crowns, bridges, and tooth-colored fillings will provide an excellent solution to achieving a dazzling, healthy smile.
Are You Searching for “Restorative Dentistry Near Me West Bend, Wisconsin”?
To learn more about our restorative dentistry service or to schedule an appointment with Dr. Albrecht at Albrecht Dentistry, call our office today at (262) 357-6622.
Share this Article