Replace missing teeth with natural-looking dental implants
Tooth loss doesn’t just affect the appearance of your smile; it can also lead to potentially serious oral health problems. In addition to negatively impacting your confidence, gaps in your smile can also increase your risk of periodontal disease and cause your remaining teeth to shift. At Albrecht Family Dentistry in West Bend, Wisconsin, we are committed to providing our patients with therapeutic options that address problems such as missing teeth. Dental implants are a highly functional and natural-looking way to restore your smile.
Dental Implants Explained
Dental implants are the gold standard in replacing one or more missing teeth. The small post, about the size of a screw, is implanted into the jawbone. As the area heals, the bone will fuse to the implant to create a stable foundation to support your final restoration. Once the location has fully healed, a small connector called an abutment is placed onto the implant and then finished with your new tooth.
Full mouth dental implants can be used for individuals missing an entire arch of teeth. In this scenario, several implants will be placed into the jawbone and then completed with either full bridges or dentures.
Benefits of Dental Implants
Without a doubt, dental implants are the closest tooth replacement option to your natural teeth. In addition to looking and feeling great, they offer several functional and oral health benefits:
- Stability – The implant is held firmly in the jawbone, mimicking a natural tooth root. Once in place, you will not have to worry about implants moving around and making it difficult to eat or speak.
- Prevents Bone Deterioration – Without the structure of a tooth root, the jawbone lacks the stimulation and blood flow needed to thrive and will begin to deteriorate. Implants stimulate the jawbone to prevent this from occurring.
- Versatility – From traditional dental implants to mini and full mouth dental implants, dental implants can be used for a single missing tooth or multiple missing teeth.
- Prevent facial aging – Missing teeth can cause the cheeks to sink in, making your appearance look older. With implants in place, your facial structure is perfectly supported for a more youthful appearance.
If you would like more information on dental implants and to find out if they are right for you, call Albrecht Family Dentistry in West Bend, WI, today at (262) 357-6622.
What Our Patients Say
Real Patient, Real Results
- This patient lost a top right front tooth; the space was larger than his left front tooth.
- A implant supported crown was made to replace the missing tooth and veneer was placed on the other front tooth so the teeth would look identical in shape, size and color.