Achieve a beautiful smile with porcelain veneers
Patients looking to transform chipped, damaged, discolored, or improperly spaced teeth can turn to porcelain dental veneers. This versatile cosmetic solution can be used to correct minor to moderate tooth imperfections and, in some cases, may replace teeth whitening treatment. If you are in the West Bend, Wisconsin area, Albrecht Family Dentistry can give you a smile you’ve been dreaming about with the help of dental veneers.
What are veneers?
Veneers are thin porcelain covers that are adhered to the front of teeth to improve their appearance and function. Porcelain is a strong, durable ceramic that is very natural-looking. Porcelain looks very life-like, reflects light similarly to tooth enamel, is stain resistant, and does not irritate the gums. Because veneers are porcelain, they are unlikely to develop stains.
The veneers process
When patients come to us for veneers, the first step is a comprehensive evaluation to determine if the patient is a candidate for veneers. Individuals will need to address any oral health problems such as decay or gum disease before the cosmetic procedure.
Veneers are a versatile solution used on a single tooth or multiple teeth. Many patients choose veneers for just the front teeth that are most visible in the smile.
The veneers will be custom fabricated in a dental laboratory based upon specifications determined during your consultation process. If the veneer covers a single damaged tooth, it will be designed to blend seamlessly into the smile. Veneers can be created to transform your entire smile and give you the result you desire.
Once the veneers are ready, we will check to make sure the veneers look and feel correct. We will evaluate fit, shape, and color by placing the veneer on the tooth and noting any adjustments that need to be made.
Minor adjustments can be made in our office. Once we are comfortable with the size and fit, the veneers are permanently bonded. The tooth is etched with a special gel to ensure a good bond with the tooth. Then, a transparent bonding agent is used with a curing light to secure the veneer in place permanently.
What issues can be corrected with veneers?
- Cracked or chipped teeth
- Crooked teeth
- Small gaps between teeth
- Improper proportions of teeth
- Permanently stained teeth
If you are ready to have a brand new smile with porcelain veneers, call Albrecht Family Dentistry in West Bend, WI, at (262) 357-6622.
Real Patient, Real Results
- This patient lost a top right front tooth; the space was larger than his left front tooth.
- A implant supported crown was made to replace the missing tooth and veneer was placed on the other front tooth so the teeth would look identical in shape, size and color.
- This lady had unaesthetic crowns on three front teeth; the color was too yellow and the shape of the teeth was not ideal.
- The crowns were replaced with new ceramic crowns to create ideally shaped teeth with beautiful color match to her natural teeth.
- This lady had wear and chipping of all her teeth.
- Crowns and Veneers were placed to restore the full size, shape and color to give her a beautiful smile.